Ng Vi Kee （吴慧琪）is a practicing lawyer since 2011. She studied the LLB Degree with the University of London, United Kingdom in 2009 and passed with Upper Second Class Honours. Thereafter, she proceeded to obtain her Certificate of Legal Practice in 2010 and read in chamber at Messrs Raslan Loong assisting in corporate advisory work. Following that, she joined Messrs Chris Lim Su Heng assisting in among others, corporate advisory and corporate secretarial work. In 2014, she joined the Corporate & Capital Markets division of Messrs Cheang & Ariff (now known as Messrs Chooi & Company + Cheang & Ariff) assisting in mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, private equity and venture capital.
She joined Chur Associates in September 2017 as legal assistant supporting the partner in the area of commercial and corporate advisory. In 2018, she was made a Partner of CA. Vi Kee’s key practice area includes:
- Merger and acquisitions
- Equity Crowdfunding
- Business venture/joint venture/strategic partnership
- Franchising and Licensing
- Personal Data Protection
- Regulatory & compliance
- E-commerce Transactions
- Intellectual Property
- Employee Share Option Schemes
- Legal Department Outsourcing
- applications to list companies
- applications to list companies on the Main Market of Bursa Securities and ACE Market of Bursa Securities
- application to the Securities Commission Malaysia for ruling that a mandatory take-cover offer is not triggered and application for exemption to make mandatory take-over offer;
- mandatory general offer of 2 listed companies on Bursa Securities
- advisory to issuers carrying out equity crowdfunding exercise
- setting up of an investment fund
- acquisition of Malaysian companies including acquisition of a F&B companies, managed care organization, content database companies, property holding company at approximately RM70million
- sale of Malaysian companies including sale of a part of online bidding platform and a part of logistics company at approximately RM80million
- joint venture for the distribution of European branded vehicle parts, construction and development water supply, construction and development of truck depot at approximately RM130million
- setting up of funds
- corporate advisory from incorporation of companies, corporate structure, corporate governance, licenses, permits, approvals
- settlement of family assets & businesses
- franchising and license agreements
- drafting by-laws for employee share option schemes and long-term incentive plans
- legal due diligence on among others, healthcare products manufacturer, glove manufacturer, a chain departmental store and mobile payment services provider
- advising and issuing legal opinions on various issues including those relating to the oil and gas industry, manufacturing industry, education industry, communications and multimedia industry, information technology industry, employment, competition law and data protection
In term of communication, Vi Kee is able to understand and speak fluent English, Malay and Cantonese. However, her fast learning enable her to understand Mandarin better now. CA as a team, the team members always back up each other to help each others and solve our clients’ issues.
Vi Kee is also practicing these CAlture in CA, which is Team, Approachable, Accountable and Respect.
Designated as a Partner for Communication
Vi Kee heads the legal assistants and supporting staffs in the Firm. She is responsible for the internal communication within the Firm and the welfare of all CAtizens. Making and maintaining CA a happy place to work is essential as she strongly believe that a happy working environment attracts positive energy which naturally boosts performance of all CAtizens.