Jovyn Ang asked:
My friend wanted to change her baby father name in the birth cert, is it possible? They previously not registered, but got put the father name in the birth cert. Now she wanted to change to father name (they had separated and the baby is with her). She tried ask JPN and they said only can change mother name…:( Is it true?
It is possible to apply for amendment to the child’s birth certificate by way of formal application to the JPN and statutory declaration duly affirmed by the 2 parties (father and mother) together with payment of RM10.00.

JPN might request for an interview session with both the parties and the entire procedure would take up to 2-3 months.

Nonetheless, every state might have their own rules and procedures pertaining to the amendment application.