Good News #1: I have been appointed as a Director of FIABCI International and the first Asian presiding over the Young Member Committee for year 2009 – 2010
FIABCI International Young Members committee represents the only worldwide platform available to real estate professionals under the age of 35. Its purpose is to provide young real estate professionals with new contacts and privileged information to improve their business and build their careers.
I am excited and ecstatic being appointed as the President leading this committee for the term 2009 to 2010 and will be taking on a privileged task bringing greater heights to the committee and feasible action plans during my term of service. I wish to share my humble knowledge and experience in the committee and create a closely knitted community for the Young Members around the world.
Good News #2: “CA”mbodia, here we come!
We proudly share with you our latest international affiliation in Cambodia – BNG- Advocates & Solicitors, a Cambodian national local leading law firm that provides world-class services to foreign and domestic companies and their legal partners which have some of the brightest legal minds in the country to offer a truly multi-disciplined approach to conducting business within Cambodia, hailing from different regions and speaking many languages.
Good News #3: Malaysia is now even friendlier to foreign real estate investment.
As announced by our Prime Minister recently, a lot of welcoming measures have been implemented to welcome foreign investment particularly through the removal of the Foreign Investment Committee (“FIC”).
Good News #4: FIABCI Smart Investment in Property Seminar (VII) 2009 return with a new format that better serve your needs as an investor!
Here are the details and I will be moderating the entire Seminar. (See you there!)
- Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Date: 11 July 2009, Saturday
- Venue: Ballroom, Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
CA in the News
- A Mag, Volume 9, May 2009 issue, Sales and Purchase Agreement not governed by the Housing Developers Act. Click here!
- A Mag, Volume 9, May 2009 issue, CA office design of transparency and communication. Click here!
- A Mag, Volume 10, June 2009 issue, financing for acquisition of property focusing on loan documentation including legal fees and stamp duty. Click here!
- Master #1: Ee Zheng who was on her break for her LLM examination at University Malaya return to CA in June as a ‘Master’ to serve you.
- Master #2: Chye En, our ‘Master’ of Conveyancing is on maternity leave and CA extends our warmest congratulations to the birth of a beautiful healthy baby girl on 2 July 2009.
- Master #3: I have just completed my 1st batch of Pupil-in-chambers and my Padawans are ready to be called to the Malaysian Bar on 8 August 2009.
- CA Interns – David Davies, our 1st intern from University of Melbourne successfully received the Internship Scholarship from the Australian High Commission and started his internship with CA on 30 June 2009, followed by Kwong Chiew Ee, a scholar from Kemayan ATC started her internship on 6 July 2009. Chiew Ee, like Tuck Choy last year, is taking part in the Law Asia Mooting Competition. Hopefully, she can follow the footsteps of Tuck Choy and become a “Champion”!
We are DEFINED by our PAST; but we are REFINED by our FUTURE!
“I’m starting with the Man in the Mirror…”, Farewell, Michael.